LESSON 1 — ASSIGNMENT
1. Memorize I John 5:13 and II Peter 3:18
2. Read the Gospel of John, chapters 1-7, by reading one chapter a day. Please note the times that you find any form of the word “believe.” Please record this information [on a separate note pad since you can't really write on the blog page].
3. List at least three promises that were a blessing to you from your reading of John 1–7. Record [on a separate note pad again].
4. List one truth that you received during your reading each day that was a blessing to you that day. Record this [on a separate note pad again].
5. Answer the following questions in your own words [and on a separate page again]:
a. Why do men need to be saved? (Romans 5:12)
b. Why did Jesus come to earth? (I Timothy 1:15)
c. For whom did Christ die? (Romans 5:8)
d. What must we do to be saved? (Acts 16:30–31)
e. What part do good works have in our salvation? (Ephesians 2:8–9)
f. From I John 5:13, how can we know that we are saved?
g. Did Paul say that he knew he was saved? Why? (II Timothy 1:12; Romans 8:16)
h. What does God guarantee to those who have the Son? (I John 5:11–12)
i. What happened the moment we believed? (John 5:24)
j. Since feelings often change, upon what must we depend for assurance? Why? (I Peter 1:25)
k. Whom does God receive as His children? (John 1:12)
l. What are the consequences of not believing in Jesus Christ? (John 3:36b)
m. State briefly how you know you are a child of God and have eternal life:
n. What important blessing does a new convert have when he receives Christ? (Ephesians 1:7)
Separate your Notes into 3 parts:
1. Promises I have found in the first seven chapters of John that were a real blessing to me. (List at least three)
2. Truths I received from my daily reading of John 1–7 that I applied to my life that day:
Day 1 — John 1 _____________________
Day 2 — John 2 _____________________
Day 3 — John 3 _____________________
Day 4 — John 4 _____________________
Day 5 — John 5 _____________________
Day 6 — John 6 _____________________
Day 7 — John 7 _____________________
3. The verses in which I found a form of the word “believe”:
4. Remember to create note cards that have the memory verses printed out on them. The following format usually works the best – Say the reference before the verse, say the verse, then say the reference again:
I John 5:13
“These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God”.
I John 5:13
Remember that if you have any questions that regard this blog content, feel free to leave a comment below. You never know, someone else after you might have the same question. I will do my best to answer them to the best of my ability. I will NOT oblige anyone who just wants to cause problems, though. Honest thoughtful questions only. If someone wants to get into a hardcore discussion, you can find my email on my profile and I will do my best, with the grace of God to defend God’s Word.
- Assurance of Salvation
- Working vs. Receiving
- What Are You Wearing?
- What Is It That Saves You?
- Are YOU Damned?
- How Many Ways Are There To Get To Heaven?